Choosing What Type of Adirondack Chair
Jan 28,2023 | CASAINC
The public loves the Adirondack chair because of its classic, unique design and ergonomics, which brings relaxation and comfort. However, do you have a practical understanding of the materials used to make the Adirondack chair? And what are the advantages of Adirondack chairs made of these materials?
- HDPE Material
HDPE is high-density polyethylene. It is in powder form, a non-toxic and tasteless green product that does not pollute the environment and has a high crystallinity that can reach at least 80%, and in good condition, it can reach about 90%. In addition, HDPE has very low water absorption and will not dissolve in any solvent, so it can be applied in high temperatures of 100 degrees Celsius and has excellent acid and alkali resistance.
- Green and Environmentally Friendly, Material Safety: Furniture made of it avoids wasting resources and does not affect people's health.
- It has good heat and cold resistance: it is more weather-resistant than ordinary wood, ensuring long-term use outdoors, no matter how bad the weather is. It is also fade-resistant even when exposed to sunlight for a long time.
- Good Chemical Stability: At room temperature, it is insoluble in any organic solvent and resistant to acids, alkalis, and various salts.
- Have high rigidity and toughness: the furniture made of HDPE is very durable and has a high load-bearing capacity.
High Impact Polystyrene (abbreviated: HIPS) is a general-purpose plastic resin used to manufacture a wide range of products. Easy to manufacture, this resilient material has low production costs and is used in many industries. Due to its stable structure and easy surface treatment, the shells and lids of high-impact polystyrene are easy to mass produce.
- Excellent Mechanical Properties: It has excellent wear resistance and can be used for bearings with medium load and medium speed.
- It is Weather Resistant: UV inhibitor keeps the chair from harmful environment and runs continuously throughout the powerful material with light stable pigments.
- Affordable Value: It will not rot, crack, or chip, requires no painting or staining, and is low maintenance.
3. PE Material
Polyethylene (abbreviation: PE) is a thermoplastic resin made by the polymerization of ethylene. In industry, it also includes copolymers of ethylene and a small amount of alpha-olefin. Polyethylene is odorless, non-toxic, feels like wax, has excellent low-temperature resistance (the lowest use temperature can reach -100 ~ -70 ° C), has good chemical stability, can resist the erosion of most acids and bases (not resistant to acids with oxidizing properties). Insoluble in general solvents at room temperature, small water absorption, excellent electrical insulation.
- Chemical Stability: At room temperature, resist the corrosion of acid, alkali, and salt aqueous solution. It has the function of anti-fading and sun protection. Therefore, it can be better adapted to the outdoor environment.
- No Special Maintenance, Easy to Clean: It does not need dyeing, waterproofing, or similar maintenance. It can be cleaned with water or soap.
- Plastic Wood Materials
Plastic wood material, or "wood-plastic composite material," is understood as plastic and wood powder mixed in a particular proportion and then hot extruded into a panel. Mainly used in building materials, furniture, logistics packaging, and other industries.
- Environmental Protection and Safety: Plastic wood does not contain toxic substances, no formaldehyde, benzene, and other harmful substances released, and will not cause air pollution and environmental pollution; plastic wood can be 100% recycled and reprocessed, and used, but also biodegradable.
- The Appearance of Good Texture: with the natural appearance of wood, texture. Better than wood size stability, it will not produce cracks, warping, or deformation.
- Low Maintenance Costs: Maintenance-free wood in 1 year, generally, you may need to do maintenance or paint, etc. In the long run, the maintenance cost of plastic wood is far lower than that of wood products.
- Easy to Handle: The plastic wood surface is not required for paint treatment. General wood is required to do surface paint or water-based paint treatment.
5. Eucalyptus Material
Eucalyptus, also known as the white diesel tree, is an excellent green tree species. Eucalyptus wood is versatile and can be used in many areas, such as heavy construction, shipbuilding, piles and columns, paper making, window and door frames, and furniture production.
- Wood is flexible: It can be used to make furniture with large curvature, which means that eucalyptus wood is a good material for making furniture of different structures.
- Beautiful Appearance: Furniture made of eucalyptus wood has a smooth surface. The wood surface with clear natural texture adds dynamics and lightness to the design, complementing and completing the focus of the whole home decoration.
- Fair Price: Eucalyptus is a fast-growing wood, which grows faster and is cheaper. The price of furniture made of eucalyptus wood in the market is not expensive and very suitable for general consumers.
- The Best Choice for Those Who Love Color: Eucalyptus wood color is lighter, and very suitable for some light, both indoors and outdoors; people who like light colors see it as the first choice for light-colored natural furniture.
6.Acacia Wood Material
Acacia wood is a precious wood; this wood has a soft luster, light black-brown color, and smooth cut surface, with a pleasing natural decorative pattern. Acacia wood is a high-quality material for high-grade furniture, valuable appliances, high-grade joinery products, artistic furniture slabs, musical instruments, and interior architectural decoration of clubs and hotels.
- High Hardness, Good Stability: Rust resistance, not easy to deformation, resistance to impact friction, and can withstand a significant amount of weight.
- The Shrinkage Rate is Very Low, and it has superior weather resistance: so it can be applied to the changing climate environment and is not cracked cracking and peeling problems.
- Natural Beauty: The wood color is soft, with fine pattern, clear and beautiful texture, and fine polishing texture are very good, with it as the material to create furniture, elegant, simple and elegant. The clear texture of the wood surface adds a sense of movement and lightness to the design, complementing and enhancing the highlight of the entire home decoration.
7. Solid wood materials
Solid wood refers to virgin wood. Solid wood is the direct processing of wood; the production process does not do any bonding treatment and can reflect the original texture and texture of wood. Solid wood uses less construction glue, so the content of formaldehyde and other harmful substances is lower, the environmental performance is higher, and it will give off the original smell of solid wood.
- Material Environmental Protection: With natural, environmental protection, non-pollution, and other properties, this healthy wood color has original natural beauty, giving a comfortable and fresh feeling.
- Durable: It can be rust-resistant and weather-resistant. After ultraviolet radiation, it will not fade and deteriorate.
- The Lines are Excellent Texture: Many American consumers like to use furniture made of solid wood, solid wood style furniture with lines of comfortable and generous characteristics welcomed by most consumers.
- Easy to Take Care Of: Not only beautiful in appearance but also easy to clean. Since the dust on the wood does not carry static electricity, the furniture needs less dusting.
Do you have any questions after reading this article? Please leave a comment and tell us your thoughts.