How to Install a Widespread Faucet
Jan 10,2022 | CASAINC
Learn how to install a widespread faucet with relative ease. Widespread faucets feature separate hot and cold handles that are independent from the spout and can be mounted on the countertop or on sinks. It can be mounted on sinks with three holes that fit 8 inches to 16 inches from one side to the other.
They are available in a wide range of styles and finishes. You may also want to consider choosing a WaterSense-certified faucet to reduce water usage and save on your water bill.They are available in a wide range of styles and finishes. You may also want to consider choosing a WaterSense-certified faucet to reduce water usage and save on your water bill.
1.Turn Off the Water
- The first step on how to install a widespread faucet is to remove all items from under the sink.
- Place a bucket, pan or rags under the work area. Use heavy towels to support your body if you are reaching into the sink area and under or through the vanity.
- Turn off the hot and cold water supply lines at the shut-off valves beneath the sink.
- If there are no shut-off valves, turn off the main water supply. This is also a good time to install stop valves as part of this project so you can turn off the water easily in the future.
- Turn the faucet on to release the pressure in the water lines.
2.Remove the Old Faucet
- Wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from falling debris as you work upside down under the sink.
- Remove the old supply lines and the mounting nuts to remove the faucet.
- Apply a penetrating lubricant if the lines or nuts are corroded or in a hard-to-reach position. Do not use strong force to remove them be gentle yet persistent.
- Lift the faucet fixture from the top of the sink and use a putty knife can remove all of the old sealant from the top.
- Clean the sink area with a suitable cleaner.
3.Seal the Spout Base